when god closes a door he opens a window..

The end of my career in maths and sciences came abruptly in year 10 (4th form, sophmore year etc).

I was in advanced one for maths, struggling along but by no means doing badly. My interest was waning, but classes were fun with my dearest D by my side the whole time, to explain and lend a helping hand. My teacher was funny and interesting, maths was a chore, but one that i enjoyed (sort of).

Science was another question all together. For the first semester i fought, debated, cajoled and was generally really impertinent to my science teacher. He was a good sport, fighting back the whole time, and we played this sort of tug of war that never ended. I thought he hated me, really he thought i was pretty cool. It was a really good first semester where i learnt a great deal about how to argue, but not really much about science.

Then he left at the end of the semester to be head of science at another school and i was upset, who would our new teacher be? What would happen to the fun and engaging dynamic that me, D, and some of our other friends had forged in class.

THe first day of term 3 began and we all eagerly awaited our third period science lesson. THen suddenly G grabbed me on the arm, saying that she'd seen the new science teacher. Where? I asked and she pointed to the retreating form of a man in the second floor corridor.

'Nice arse.' I said. and it was.

Things could only get better in class. HE turned out to be english, which is top of my list on priorities for a man (along with has read Jane Austen at least once) and full of brittanic charm. I swooned then and there, and spend the rest of both terms trying to become a better science student so he would notice.

But this was not at the expense of my friends, however. We used to talk all the time in science, it was our 'bludge' class, where we could tell each other of our exploits. One day he caught us out talking and asked D a question. She was a great science student, and he soon realised that he'd bitten off more than he could chew with us.

Mr B; So, seeing as you have all been listening intently, what does natural selection mean?

D; when evolution favours the 'fittest' *raises eyebrows*, like the strongest, smartest, most innovative.

Mr B; *shocked*. uuuh yes. that is correct. But next time, listen to me...

He was conceited, arrogant and so damn fine! It was like heaven every science lesson and we would unashamedly perve the whole time, giggle, muck around, and then try and get good marks every assignment and exam so he would say something nice.

At the end of the year he told us he was leaving, as he had only been put on a temporary contract, sad and distraught i vowed never to take a science class that he was not teaching, not an altogether good resolution to make as i didn't really learn much in his lessons on account of my staring at his face and not the board.

My adoration of him was well known throughout the year, and seeing as i always do this to guys, perve and make rude jokes and get obsessed quite easily they all found it very funny.

Then this year my friends who take physics bailed me up in the corridor, excited about something. I had no idea what they were talking about.

D; so we were in physics today.

Me; *bored* right.

D; and Mr F was talking about getting tutoring.

Me; *still bored* okay.

D; and he said that he'd gotten an email from Mr B who works at C School now and he used to teach here. Apparently he's willing to tutor us all for the HSC.

Me; *no longer bored*. WUOHUUUSHHGH:L? *unable to string intelligible sentence together*

D; *smirking* yeah, bet you wished you'd never dropped physics now, right?

Me; *nodding, and tryign to figure a way to get tutoring without actually doing physics*.


SO Mr B has been thrust back into my life unexpectedly, im thinking that when my friends have tutroring with him i'll just go to the library and sit very near, reading a book and watching him all the time. *sigh*. im so happy! like i said, when god closes a door... he opens a window. a damn fine english window!
You have read this article me / school with the title when god closes a door he opens a window... You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2008/05/when-god-closes-door-he-opens-window.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...