We'll always have Paris

Paris in Janvier? School will be finished, a few months before i have to buckle down for uni.. I'm thinking it might not be such a bad idea. Pas mauvais, du tout. I've been wanting to go for some time now, so if i buckle down and actually do some work that might be a nice way to reward myself.

Paris. It's one of my favourite places on earth. Along with Bath. Bath seems like an odd choice, yes i know. But i just love it so much. It's probably the history and the beautiful buildings. I like to fancy myself a little jAne Austen, wandering the streets. I know she hated it there and preferred the country, but still...

Hemmingway said Paris is a moveable feast. Paris to me is a rustling of taffeta. Don't ask me why. I always thought if Versailles was a fabric it would be silk, and if Paris was a fabric it would be taffeta. Bath would be crinoline. I can't wait to go to Paris! J'arrive, j'arrive!



'Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you. Unjust I may have been, weak and resentful I have been, but never inconstant. You alone have brought me to Bath. For you alone, I think and plan. Have you not seen this? Can you fail to have understood my wishes?'

Jane Austen, Persuasion
You have read this article paris / travel with the title We'll always have Paris. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2008/03/we-always-have-paris.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...