hitting the books

what is it about exam preparation that brings out the worst in people? those that are selfish won't share their notes, and those that are consciously apathetic force everyone to give them their notes. Those that are even slightly self conscious feel their stress levels rising daily, those that are just a smidgeon of a perfectionist suddenly start colour coding and post-it noting immediately.

We're in the middle of our trials, the large set of exams that we take before the final set of exams in october. These exams are important, like really important, for the year. They comprise almost half of our overall grade that gets coupled with our results in the actual HSC in order to form a UAI, or the ranking out of 100 that allows us to gain entry into university.

the course i want to do is 98.6 at the university i want to go to (Sydney Uni) and to get this mark there is a real pressure on me to succeed in my exams. The school is on my back because htey want good marks, my parents are on my back because they want me to get a good mark, and admittedly im pressuring myself too, for the satisfaction of doing well.

But enough is enough! everyday at school i have a meeting with someone about something or other, whether it be maximising results, taking good use of study time, how to stress less, what to do when blah blah blah... I'm sick of it! And on top of it teachers, parents, my parents, friends... everyone is saying Oh you're going to get 100. I'm bloody well not, and i don't want to either. i need everyone to leave me alone, for god's sakes, its making me even more stressed out than if i was forced to just sit the exams cold turkey, with no preparation or help at all.

I know this is the totally wrong place to take out my frustration, but i have tried everything, talking to the school, to my idiot of a pastoral tutor, to my parents... nothing works. i think i just need to tune it all out and try and focus on doing well for myself, and not for anyone else.
You have read this article school with the title hitting the books. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2008/07/hitting-books.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...