new kid on the block




I have a new style crush - Carey Mulligan.

I moved past all my insecurities re - her going out with my future husband Shia LaBoeuf and re - her being generally teeny tiny, with beautiful pixie crop hair and that certain je ne sais quoi that makes us all think of Audrey Hepburn or Michelle Williams... And now I love her. Wholeheartedly.

I think she's stunning. She's definitely not conventionally beautiful, or even striking. I would say that her features together are actually just slightly pretty. But there's something in her eyes, and something about the way she stares down a barrel of a camera... She is not to be ignored. I thought i could, but then I saw and education and fell in love with her quirky insouciance and stubborn independence. And then I saw all the beautiful clothes she's been wearing, and realised that she actually has a style very similar to Fabulous Future Me. Which means, of course, that she actually has a style that is in some ways very similar to me, except with better shoes and more designer labels. She represents that style side of me that loves to dress oh so french and oh so chic, not hipster or it-girl like the Chungster.

And she really does remind me an awful lot of Audrey Hepburn. If not in looks then in grace. Don't you think?

X
You have read this article audrey hepburn / carey mulligan / fashion / films / movies / style with the title new kid on the block. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2009/11/new-kid-on-block.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...