escape



So recently I've started sharing with people I've only just met one of the more embarassing/ridiculous/awesome (depending on the audience) things I've ever done. When I was 11 I made a Lord of the Rings movie with my friend. As in, we remade Lord of the Rings, the fellowship of the ring. The entire movie. With just two people (and occasionally her dog). We did this scene (by her pool, with some well-timed splashing), we did this scene (with a strategic red scarf and an overcoat), and yes, we did this scene (with lots of costume changes and one overenthusiastic moment of axe-breaking). What can I say. No-one is ever really born chic. 

Yes, isn't it cliche to say that you love New Zealand because of Lord of the Rings, but I often find that cliches have their foundations laid in rock solid fact. Where in the world can you find the diversity of landscapes, the cinematic sweep of mottled skylines, the surf and the sand, the ice that pools at the sea, that you can find in New Zealand? I'm going for the first time over Christmas and my birthday and I cannot wait. I'm excited for shopping and eating my way through Auckland, for going to some of the place and doing some of the things that Lin recommends, for seeing all of that beauty, all of that escape.

I love the new Glassons look book for that reason. It's getting me excited for overalls and sneakers, for mountains and mountains (and mountains) and hair tucked behind my ears. I'm ready for travel that isn't so much about ticking things off a list and following a guide book as it is about really, truly seeing things.

X
You have read this article denim / fashion / future / holiday / knitwear / look books / models / new zealand / photos / pictures / summer / travel with the title escape. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2013/05/escape.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...