young love, it never seems to last.

Ah young love. heart beating wildly, can't stop thinking about them, palms sweaty at the mere mention of their name, clicking through pages of their photos, drooling slightly at their beauty...

This may be a recent infatuation, but i am determined to make it last through the night. And this lust is for none other than Dries Van Noten, a very recent love, bred mostly from reading and seeing so much beautiful dries clothes on Brigadeiro, one of my favourite blogs out there. 

Maybe it's the slight growing up i've down over the year, landing firmly with my feet resting in a sartorial corner that is news to me. Lots of colour (oranges, turquoise blues, crimson reds, pale lemon yellows, deep purples), exquisite drapery, loose, fluid silhouettes, a sort of languid, nonchalant elegance, and a generally idiosyncratic view of fashion. 

This is a big change for me. Even if you scroll through the archives, i leant distinctly towards vintage, covering myself head to toe in thrift-store finds, hoping to emulate 1930s screen goddesses. While i still love that look, i find that it doesn't sit as well with me as it used to, and i feel dated rather than dashing. So, as these things go, progression ensued, and to cut a long story short, i ended up here. Completely, whole-heartedly, butterflies in the stomach, heart-beating wildly infatuated with dries van noten. 

Just like all young love, i am currently experiencing the honey moon period. Everything that Dries does is fine by me right now, he could even set forth some kind of satin jumpsuit in bright canary yellow and i would love it. I'm not even kidding, i'm being totally sincere. And like young couples freshly in love, i just can't keep my hands off the dries. 

Fortunately for Dries, but unfortunately for my roving hands, the only store in sydney (that i know of) that stocks him is Poepke in William Street. It's not far from my house, but it's out of the way, and thus a deterrent for me going there every day to stroke lovingly that whispy silk of a baggy shirt dress, or the scratchy lurex of a bright gold knitted skirt. *sigh*

So, Dries... i'm settling in for a big long romeo and juliet- style commitment. i'm ready to drop the l-bomb (and some serious cash, once the sales roll round). 

I.
love.
you.




X

You have read this article dries van noten / fashion / love / me / shopping / style with the title young love, it never seems to last.. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2009/03/young-love-it-never-seems-to-last.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...