new year, new you


i'm all for new beginnings, i live for them. phoenixes rising from the ashes, and whatnot. but this new year did not start terribly well for me. champagne-soaked deep and meaningfuls about such horrible things as single statuses and fashion faux pas aren't really the best thing to set the midnight mood.

I've perked up now, though, with a whole day of shameful 90s teen flicks and gobbling up the leftovers from my friend's party food. and now, sitting in front of a foreign computer (i'm house sitting, again) at 7:30 pm on the first of january i can safely say that i am ready to face the new year, whatever it brings.

2009 was a year of firsts. I hope that 2010 will be a year of fun. I'm not just talking about the kind that comes from the bubbles in champagne or the straps of a high-heeled party shoe. I'm talking about al fresco lunches in leafy parks with friends who make you belly laugh like cameron diaz. I'm also talking about fun in the form of everlasting sundays of gooey french cheese, breadsticks and the newest magazines flapping in the cool breeze. building up my itunes again to its former glory. Running off to new york in february to surprise my best friend for her birthday (oh! how she will go wild!). spending less money on clothes and more on life - i mean, more on boozy dinners, on travelling to far flung places dotting the rugged australian landscape that i'm yet to truly appreciate, on reading more books than just those produced in seaside british towns singing of bright young things and marriage proposals.

fun... and discovery. i never make resolutions but there is always the unspoken hope that this year, this one, i will discover something about myself. last year i learnt my resilience. this year i hope to discover something else entirely.

thanks for visiting, reading, laughing and sharing with me this year. let's hope next year we have the best of times, the worst of times, and everything in beween. here's to you, i hope you had a drink (or two) for me!



X


You have read this article with the title new year, new you. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-year-new-you.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...