lost




The first stop on my trip is Tokyo, but to me it almost feels like a completely different trip. For the first time in a long, long time since I've started travelling by myself I feel something that is approaching - though is not quite fully realised as - fear. In actual fact I think it is probably a cocktail of nervousness and excitement, a jumbled up mess of anxiety over whether or not I'll be able to navigate the city and sheer elation at seeing a place I have, for a long time, had on my wish list. All of this fear is for nothing, of course, because for the most part I will be with my family, and that's the way I want to see it. Sandwiched between my two brothers singing karaoke and slurping at bowls of salty soup. I think I'm a good traveller, or at least I hope I am, but sometimes, especially in a city you have never been to before, what you want most is familiarity.

But despite of this - or perhaps because of it - I am also eager to explore. So, for the last time, I'm going to beg you for some tips for my trip. You've all gone above and beyond with your tips for Austria, Italy, Prague and London, and I thank you. As always I am reliant on this is naive's lofi diary, practically perfect in every way. I'm staying in Shinjuku and would love any tips on places to eat in the area. I have a feeling that instead of addresses Tokyo will be more of the find-your-own-way persuasion. But that's all part of the fun. I can't wait to find my own corner of Tokyo where I can feel just like this.

X
You have read this article family / holiday / me / photos / pictures / sofia coppola / travel with the title lost. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2012/12/lost.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...