buffet


The buffet breakfast is one of the defining characteristics of being on holiday, alongside Michael Chrichton books and sunglasses tan. It's one of those things that you just wouldn't do back home, the kind of decadence and extravagance that you wouldn't stand for in your everyday existence of "toast and avocado with a squeeze of lemon, please". Going back for seconds? At breakfast? Having juice and coffee and more juice and maybe more coffee? At breakfast? You just won't stand for it. Unless you're on holiday, in which case anything, quite literally, goes. The hotel I'm staying at in Hong Kong has an excellent buffet breakfast. Set up like some wonderful kitchen on a perfect morning, the food is presented in Le Creuset pots simmering away on hot plates, while bowls of produce, condiments and extras line the benchtop. A double-sided fridge is full to the brim of juice, yoghurt, bircher muesli and even alcoholic drinks, if you need it. What I love about hotels in Asia is the way you get to choose between a western and an asian breakfast. My dad has been starting his day the way he wishes he could but never gets the chance to do in Sydney; with congee. I've not quite gotten that far yet, but I think this morning I might spring for a little fish and noodle selection. Or I might just head back to the make-your-own-muesli bar. I haven't been able to tear myself away from it so far...

Hotel Indigo, 246 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong

X
You have read this article breakfast / food / holiday / hong kong / photos / pictures / travel with the title buffet. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2013/04/buffet.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...