bluestocking chic


An Education // source

I am in the throes of my 'mountain lockdown' as Stephanie from I Love Mr Mittens termed it, and I've been thinking about study style. Sure, I've been doing some actual study around all this thinking, but in my downtime (mostly as I lay in bed and dread having to get out of the warmth into the cold, cold kitchen where the table is) I've been musing on matters of what I have decided to term 'bluestocking chic'. You know, intellectual style. That distinctly retro, 1960s university gal look that brands like A.P.C and Thomsen have made their own. It's all Carey Mulligan in An Education - cropped cigarette trousers, fuzzy angora sweaters and white shoes before labour day. It's Anna Karina with the bouffed up hair and a tartan coat. It's Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face, the most beautiful book-seller in the world, resplendent in frumpy tweed and turtleneck sweaters. It's not really suited to my body type - the reed thin girls with long legs and straight hair work this look like it's nobody's business - but I admire it anyway. I tweak it so that it fits better on me. Maybe the sweaters aren't so slim cut, maybe I take my jeans with a side of distress. But I think that as a university student with my nose stuck in the books in the middle of the cold, cold country I'm pretty much the definition of bluestocking chic, whichever way you want to look at it. 

Bluestocking chic three ways

one


two


three


X

ps. I did a little q&a with Kate from Modette blog, see it here!
You have read this article 3.1 phillip lim / clothes / clothing / cold / films / movies / polyvore / style / the row / university / want / weather / work with the title bluestocking chic. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2013/07/bluestocking-chic.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...