good morning!


I made little individual Wholemeal apple tea cakes and Steel Cut oats with poached fruit from the Welcome to the Harvest blog, a beautiful site full of beautiful things perfect for this beautiful winter.

I did it. I finally did it. I followed through on an idea and had a breakfast party and it was fantastic and fun and yes, the day after I got back from Hong Kong was probably not the best day for it, and yes I spent way too much money on fresh fruit and fun things like Loving Earth coconut sugar at Thomas Dux and yes, I woke up 2 hours (2 HOURS!) past my alarm and so was a bit frantic in the kitchen when I pictured it a bit more peaceful and serene but, hey, I turned it around, didn't I? What a spread! What a glorious, glorious, heart-warming spread. What a spread to have with friends you've known long enough that there's never a pause in the conversation, that in fact people are queuing up to speak ("you finish that story but I'm next! I've got a reallllyyy good one"). That's the dream. That's what I love. That's what I always want. And that's what I did.

X

ps. don't forget to enter my Ray Ban Wayfarer giveaway! It closes tomorrow!
You have read this article breakfast / cake / cooking / food / friends / photos / pictures / tea with the title good morning!. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2013/07/good-morning.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...