joan



unknown tumblr sources

Joan Didion has so much style. Clothes that are way too big, hair tucked behind ears, flat leather sandals, and plenty of pockets for putting things in. That's how I want to dress - how I hope I dress! - although I don't think I'll ever pull it off quite the way Joan does. I remember the first time I read Slouching towards Bethlehem and being struck at once by two very different, almost polar opposite emotions. The first was complete adoration at such sparse, forceful prose, and knowing instantly without any kind of delusions that this was the way I wanted to write. The second was the most powerful, forceful envy I have ever felt, because I knew in that exact same instant that I could never be that good.

X
You have read this article books / clothes / clothing / fashion / history / style / writing with the title joan. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2012/07/joan.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...