the nanny

Nick Dewolf's images of his French au pair Cozette in 1967, Boston


I love nannying. I love mucking around with cute kids and making a mess and getting paid for doing the kind of silly things that I would normally do for free. In my head being a nanny looks like this - white shirts tucked into flared jeans and tousled hair and long limbs. To be honest it looks a lot less underdone-glamour when I'm doing it - in overalls and slightly worse-for-wear sandals - but I like to think that I get some of that inner glow that being around kids gives you. The other day I nannied and for most of the day we lay on the trampoline, looking at the clouds and watching the slow, solitary dance of a plane skywriting across the winter blue. It was perfect in the kind of way that makes me realise that it doesn't matter that I'm not some gorgeous au pair, if that makes any sense at all.

X
You have read this article family / history / love / me / photos / pictures / sydney with the title the nanny. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-nanny.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...