bewitched, bothered and bewildered am i

I take a lot of my fashion inspiration from eras gone by. I love thinking about what was worn by those in other times, and how i could incorporate such an outfit or piece into my own wardrobe. My clothes are very late 20s/30s look, complete with the longish high waisted skirts, tea dresses, perched hats, low heels, fur collared coats, cardigans, long socks, cloche hat, etc.

At the moment i am also loving the empire waisted dress of Regency period. I am hoping to make one myself, or get some help from my friend who is a fashion designer. I want a white one with a long satin ribbon to tie around the waist, or a deep red one. or both possibly =]

I would pair them with a leather jacket in order to try and rough it up a bit and not seem to dressed up. That or a boxy coat i bought in london when i was last there thats sort of pale purple. It adds an agreeable sense of the macabre to any delirium. That was johnny depp in POTC 3, which was a very confusing, long movie whose only real impart on me was the overwhelming shock that keith richards can still be alive today.

But back to the 30s, things were so much more fun then. The jazz beats, the cigarettes, the tea and champagne in the funny little marie antoinette saucers. The men in their suits and vests and little hats... sigh. those were the days. I love reading the biographies of the society girls of the 20s and 30s, like the mitford sisters, or a book i have called 'the rare and the beautiful.' about paris in the 1930s. Oh to have been there and experienced it all! I shall just have to content myself with dreams.




You have read this article 30s / fashion / history / inspiration with the title bewitched, bothered and bewildered am i. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2008/04/bewitched-bothered-and-bewildered-am-i.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...