change is hard...

I've said it once, i've said it a million times, no matter what vogue uk throws my direction i just can't help but love it. It was the first vogue i ever paid full price air freight for! When you part with $17.95 you also cordon off a little bit of your heart forever. And by heart, i mean wallet. Well... you understand. 

Anyway, whilst perusing tfs to find out the new cover stars for january and december (vogue italia... get your act together!) I came across this topic; Vogue UK January 2009 Cate Blanchett by Patrick Demarchelier. Bells started pealing, the hallelujah chorus sounded, stars began to appear in front of my eyes. My favourite actress, that pillar of class, sophistication and talent, long deserving of recognition and adoration, fronting the magazine that gives me a fashion fix like none other (yes i know its vogue uk, but i can't help it, you never forget your first love). I eagerly clicked the topic only to find this.

[tfs]

It's not good. But it's not even bad. It's boring. They've managed to turn one of the most beautiful women on the planet into a dull, lifeless mess. She looks bored. Like she'd rather be anywhere else than behind the lens of Patrick Demarchelier. You know, it's probably his fault. His time has past, like really past. He's overhyped in my opinion, and has taken some amazing photographs... but not recently. All of the vogue covers he has done recently for UK and US have been the same... boring. Cate Blanchett is one of the most intelligent, vivacious actresses out there with a mind of her own and a quick wit. The kind of stuff that translates like a babelfish onto film, still or moving. So what went so wrong?

And it's really weird, because the rest of the shoot is actually kind of good. It's just this one shot. Perhaps it's not wholly Demarchelier's fault. I mean, Shulman did choose this shot in particular after all... And then filled it up with text. And that vibrant vibrant shade of red is giving me a headache. After the lovely December 08 cover i thought we had moved past the neon, why have you forsaken me??!?!! Seriously, look at this lovely shot from the ed;
[tfs]

So, with nothing else to do, Well, nothing else to do other than get a job, but that's a whole other kettle of fish, i thought i'd have a little fiddle with the cover and make my own. I'm not talented in that area at all, i don't have photoshop or anything. So it's paint and word all the way, but it came out rather nicely.  If i do say so myself haha. I mean, i'd buy it. It looks very vogue paris, just with more annoying text. 

hmmm, i think my subconscious is telling me that i am excited for christmas... all that green and red. :D

What do you think? Can i give Shulman a run for her money? 
Or should i stick to the dayjob, which at the moment reads, UNEMPLOYED STUDENT.
nice one hannah. 
X
You have read this article celebrity / vogue / vogue uk with the title change is hard.... You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2008/12/change-is-hard.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...