BFFs

'Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends.'

Tom Waits



I loved reading on the Sartorialist that he was inspired to shoot more groups of friends this fashion season. There is something so infectious about the energy that you have around you friends, you laugh until you cry, you cry until you laugh, and there's this glowing aura that surrounds you, happy and carefree as you are. Friends photograph so well together too, it's like they become more comfortable in their skin when they are around someone who they've shared every inch of their life with... Even more so than couples, photographing friends together (whether for facebook or for face hunter), is a remarkable experience. There have been several lovely shots on the Sartorialist and Garance where the girls' smiles seem to reach the stars as they wrap their arms around each other.

One of my favourite stylish friendship pairs is Michelle Jank and Yasmin Sewell. In a rare bout of patriotism, they are two of my style icons, Jank because she is fearless and Sewell because she is clear. I read an interview that praised Sewell's style and called her the chic-est girl in fashion, and they asked her about how she managed to stay ahead of fashion and dress so well, all the time. She answered that she likes what she likes, she buys what she likes, and she wears what she likes. It's as simple as that. Sometimes her tastes and the wider tastes of the fashion community coincide, sometimes they don't. But hey, that's life. That's exactly how I feel about fashion, I like what I like, whether it be boyfriend jeans, drapey jackets or trench coats. Whether or not everyone else happens to like what I like too is a whole other matter.

Michelle Jank and Yasmin Sewell seem to be those rare fashion personalities who are genuine, their friendship is real and caring, and whenever I see pictures of them together they are instantly saved to my computer. I like to think that I have friendships similar to that, except the clothes aren't as cool and the hair isn't as incredible (yasmin's hair is, and always will be, the most beautiful thing in this world). The first thing I look at is their smiling, happy faces, not so much their outfits, even though uniformly they are brilliant. Here are my favourite shots of the two of them! friendship tuesday, i like it.





X
You have read this article fashion / friends / inspiration / michelle jank / photos / style / yasmin sewell with the title BFFs. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2009/10/bffs.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...