if i knew you were coming id've baked a cake.



flickr

Weird how at the moment the two people who most inspired me are Nigella Lawson and Sophie Dahl. Both semi-involved in the fashion industry (Nigella used to write for British Vogue and Sophie Dahl as the ex-model) but now sights firmly set in the kitchen. Both veritable Domestic Goddesses. Both have beautiful cookbooks that inspire me to get in there and whip up a cake or two. Both arrestingly gorgeous in that creamy-skinned, Rubens-English way. I've been planning dinner parties, mixing up platters of brownies, serving groaning plates of spaghetti for hungry teenage brothers and reading baking books in my spare time, when really i should be studying. Maybe it's all this post-feminism that's infected my blood since watching desperate housewives for a uni assignment. Maybe i'm coming to grips with my feminine side. Maybe i'm realising the alluring power of wafting baking smells.

Or maybe i'm just hungry.

X
You have read this article books / food / inspiration / me / nigella lawson / sophie dahl with the title if i knew you were coming id've baked a cake.. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2009/10/if-i-knew-you-were-coming-id-baked-cake.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...