Red Red Red



Taylor, How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love how you are the definition of a style icon - someone who inspires and invigorates your personal manner of dressing by constantly pushing the sartorial envelope. You embody the idea of a fashion chameleon, someone as comfortable in studded trainers and junya watanabe blouses as you are in celine cardigans and isabel marant shoes. I love how you mix and match with aplomb and polish - you manage to throw things together in a totally unique and exciting way, but you do it with that lick of new york 'up town' sheen that makes it all look OK. I love how you can be minimalist one day and maximalist the next - life's short, why should you have to devote yourself to one camp and one camp alone. I love how you inspire me to try new things, to give knee length skirts a chance, to think (just think, mind) of lopping off my hair to a sharp, chic bob, to get a big cosy oversized knit sweater, to find something - anything - in chartreuse and wear it proudly. I love how when I'm in a fashion rut you remind me of just how exciting it can be when you wear things that you love. It doesn't matter what people think or say about what you wear, if you like it, you should wear it with a smile, and it makes me long to head back to my wardrobe and bury myself in all my favourite, slightly silly clothes, like my Opening Ceremony burnt orange and red swing coat, my alexander wang heels and my Gap men's parka.

But most of all I love how I don't feel the slightest inclination to copy any of your looks. I'm not cool enough to pull off tulle and trainers and army skirts and I'm not chic enough for thigh high boots and high collars and burberry biker jackets. I'm just content to sit back and enjoy the show. Honestly, it's much more exciting and inspiring than anything that comes down the catwalk. At ease, soldier.

X
You have read this article fashion / fashion week / New York / new york fashion week / photos / pictures / street style / street-style / taylor tomasi with the title Red Red Red. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/02/red-red-red.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...