the launch



Dion Lee for Cue is officially in select Cue stores nationally today. The people at Golightly PR were good enough to send over a lookbook and boy - does this look good. The press Release highlights points that I was struck with by the images in Vogue, this is all about taking Dion Lee's innate skills at tailoring, draping, shape and cut into a "Real World" setting. Just like Olivier Theyskens at Theory - today is all about the real world, huh? - Dion Lee's designs sometimes have an air of the unreal about them. Not because they are overly romantic in the manner of Theyskens, in fact Lee's 'unreality' comes from the fact that his stuff is so architectural and, well, cool. You have to be a certain sort of girl to pull of his infamous pleat-tuck dresses or rorscharch ink blot prints. It takes confidence (body confidence, that too) and balls to wear a dress so obviously 'fashion'. The kind of confidence that you need for designers like Christopher Kane or Mary Katranzou. Evidently great tailors and masters of shape and cut, but with an added edge of detail and design that can scare most devotees of utilitarianism away completely.

I think this collection bridges the gap perfectly. Searching for the perfect white shirt, jacket or khaki skirt that can take you from the office to the party - which is, after all, Cue's bread and butter - look no further. These pieces are so simple and practical but stamped with the Dion Lee edge become so desirable. First of all, I can't get enough of that white tuxedo shirt. Buttoned all the way up to the collar - it's all about that slightly prim and proper look right now. And second, maybe I should ask myself how many utility jackets is too many utility jackets, but that parka is amazing. And the colours! Rich, Taylor Tomasi blues and that rasberry red mixed with stark whites (what Dulux Paints would call White number 1) and khakis. A mix of colours to slip perfectly into my newly renovated room and wardrobe - after a massive and I mean massive cull of clothes I have whittled my wardrobe down to one shelf. It's like a rainbow of neutrals in there with the odd smattering of pastel and jewel tones. Now, if only I had that parka, that blue trench, that white shirt and that red tuxedo jacket I'm sure my wardrobe would be complete!

X

ps. more on my renovated room to come I promise! I came home to find my parents had completely painted my room and taken everything out. I'm still trying to sort it all out - my magazines are just overflowing and taking over the house. ahh!! But as soon as I can work out my camera/computer situation I promise to post pictures. It's so fabulous - a real grown up's room! But I think my mum accidently threw out my wall of Celine - I had lookbooks and had torn out Celine in editorial to make a big wall of love. Oh well, I'll just have to start a new one.
You have read this article australia / cue / dion lee / fashion / vogue australia with the title the launch. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/02/the-launch.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...