clean and bright

garance dore

Minimalism isn't always about clean lines, colour blocking, and sharp, sterile design. Sometimes it is about a state of mind - a style that embodies cleanliness and purity rather than overstatement and exaggeration. It doesn't mean that you have to wear Calvin Klein - but by all means, if you've got it, you better bloody well flaunt it - and it also doesn't mean you have to steer clear of brash colours and crazy prints. It just means that you have to approach them in a simple, unfussy way. 

Jil Sander said "I prefer to call it ‘pure’—minimal can be very empty". This is purity it in its utmost form; classic, oversized menswear, scraped back hair and barely there make up that sings of last nights parties. I've just bought the perfect nude lipstick - Topshop's "Mink". After faffing around at the Lancome counter wondering whether I should spend 50 dollars (50 dollars!!!) on the "Absolute Rose" that they pigment matched to Daria's lips - yes, yes, they actually did that, and it's beautiful but a little too pink, maybe? - I found one that is just right for my olive complexion. And with my Marant coat and melange of simple shirts, this outfit is well within reach. I only have to wait for winter to come around again, as being back in Australia and 35 degree heat just looking at a coat brings me out in a sweat. It's hard to adjust back to Summer after I've been in winter for so long. But hey, it's good to be back!
X
You have read this article beauty / garance dore / make up / minimalism / street style with the title clean and bright. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/02/clean-and-bright.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...