morning rituals


Morning rituals are, by definition, comforting in their simplicity. Nothing complicated or fussy, nothing requires too much thinking. You've just risen from the land of sleep so you're not about to make a croquembouche or read Proust for fun. Even if you're the most morning of morning people - like me - routines at the start of the day will always have an air of ease about them. For most of my life mine has been this; a slow, cautious rise from bed with lots of yawning and stretching, splashing my face quickly in the bathroom, and a tall, cold glass of water drunk standing up, leaning against the wall in my garden. After that it's anyone's game, but I rarely start well if I haven't done all of those things. Even in winter I stand out in my garden - rugged up in sweaters and scarves when necessary, and socks on my feet - because fresh air and sunlight, however scant, is so important to the act of waking up. Now I have one more thing to add to my rituals. A swig of Aesop's new mouthwash - peppery and fresh, minty like toothpaste with just the right amount of aniseed-y aftertaste - right before I walk out the door. In that tall, proud bottle, with Aesop's trademark restrained packaging and branding, it's one more comforting simple thing for the start of my day.

X
You have read this article aesop / australia / beauty / me / morning / photos / pictures / sydney with the title morning rituals. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2013/03/morning-rituals.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...