&&&&&&&&


Predictably, I'm really excited for the launch of H&M's new high-end range & other stories (read Natalie talk about the publicity campaign, which is half the reason why I'm excited to be honest), the thrill of COS-esque creative direction and oversized sweaters is enough to leave me in raptures, but, somewhat unpredictably, it seems I'm mostly really excited by the make up. It's weird because I actually don't wear that much make up (read: any make up at all) and I don't really know anything about it but recently I've become obsessed with reading about it, with shopping for it, with knowing interesting tidbits about products to share with people I meet on the street (I told my neighbour the other day that Gwyneth Paltrow thinks you should use Avibon and she was like "um... OK" and now avoids me in the garden). It's like ever since I came back from Paris I can't stop thinking about products. It's a particularly Parisian thing - they love their creams and oils and gels and masks and they love to talk about what all these creams and oils and gels and masks do for their skin - and I got hit with a massive case of it after not one but two lengthy trips to City Pharma to pick up bits and pieces of Bioderma Crealine and Embryolisse and Avene and Caudalie for friends, family and - ultimately - myself. Who am I? I am not a make up girl. But, it would seem, I might be a beauty girl. 

Looking at pictures of the & other stories beauty range has me excited and inspired in the same way that Topshop's make up range first got me interested in beauty (all comments aside, I love the way that Topshop markets fun, affordable and playful make up). What I love about this is the focus on simple packaging and evocative marketing. The fig body cream has a big fat quote in lovely minimalistic font on it saying "musky green fig leaves swaying in the warm, evening air" which is too perfect, and make me hope that all the other products have similar branding concepts too. Who writes these? And where can I get this job? The nail polish colours are perfect. "Etam Lavender", "Jacomet Daffodil" and "Paisley Sky" are just too wonderful for words, really. And, the bottom line, really, is that it all looks great. The packaging is only half the battle. The products have to work. And from those photoshoots and look book images leaking onto screens as we speak, it definitely does. (Those hot pinks nails! Those peach-stained lips!). I want one of every nail polish and I'm going to put them in a vase in the centre of my desk and just look at them all day and never use them, ever. I blame Into the Gloss.

X
You have read this article beauty / colour / high street / lipstick / make up / nail polish / shopping / want with the title &&&&&&&&. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2013/03/predictably-im-really-excited-for.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...