Deja-Shoe

I was reading about this phenomenon the other day in a book, i think it was called 'like i give a frock', a kind of cutesy fashion illustration book with pearls of wisdom on each page according to the seasons. One of the author's stories was about 'Deja-Shoe', whereby shoppers in op shops/thrift stores see something they like, only to realise that it was something they themselves had given away to that very store.

I can't even say how many times this has happened to me, especially in vinnies, a charity op-shop in australia for those in greener pastures. I give a lot away, i'm not naturally a hoarder, and i always regret it. I had the loveliest leather full skirt in year 10 that i gave away at the end of the year and now wish i had kept. There are so many stories of things i have given away only to regret it bitterly when those items came back in fashion mere seasons later.

I also give a lot of book to vinnies, and  find that i am always getting 'deja-shoe' with my books. I'll pick up a copy, go, wow, i wish  owned this book, i've read it and it wasn't bad, only to realise that i did own it, and it wasn't great either, and that i really have no room to keep books that aren't amazing and marvellous.

My friend had the worst case of Deja-shoe, she picked up a hideous crochet top from a rack, laughing at it to my other friend, only to find out that it belonged to the friend she had been paying it out to. And that friend had worn the top in question to a party hosted by her. Can anyone say AWKWARD?!

So, have you had any deja-shoe moments? I'd love to hear them...
X
You have read this article with the title Deja-Shoe. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2008/11/deja-shoe.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...