you look lovely today.... just today?

I want to start a regular post, and so this is it. Who looked good this week, in my humble opinion. Posted every friday it will hopefully give some inspiration for weekend outfits as well as serve as a little window into the sartorial choices of some of not only my favourites, but also those celebs who have been surprising in their outfits. And, of course, it gives me a chance to spend lots of time on tfs trawling through outfit photos to find the most lovely each week. Works out well for everyone, right? 

Alexa Chung



[the cobra snake]

this outfit was from the last shadow puppets gig in L.A, i think. It was shot by the cobra snake, which makes me think that it was in L.A. Love him or hate him, mark 'the cobra snake' does manage to capture the 'it factor' remarkably well, non? All of the girls that he features exude this blinding coolness, whether or not you agree with their celebrity status or dress sense. I have never liked cory kennedy sense of style, but she is amazingly captivating you have to admit. Anyway, back on track, i'm not a big pants person. As my friend once said in relief as i assured her that my long skirt was most certainly not  a pair of pants; 'thank god... for a moment there i was questioning all that i held to be true.'

However, alexa, with her incredibly long legs, fresh skin and annoyingly chic dress sense manages to make me reconsider pants. I love her chanel flats (they are my babies and i NEED them), as well as her star and moon overshirt and leather jacket. She looks relaxed, casual and very stylish in the black pants and classic shoes as well as trendy and cool with the jacket and the mass of necklaces. Aside from the fact that she is dating my future husband, which i begrudgingly forgive considering they are so cute together, she can do no (sartorial) wrong in my books. 

Lily Allen

[bauer-griffin]

Okay this one is slightly random, but i really like what Lily is wearing here. I don't think the mini shorts or louboutin sandals scream 'me', but i just love that knitted jacket. The mixture of moss/army green, navy blue and grey is just lovely, and the oversized sleeves and cowl neck look cosy as well as stylish. Also, she's toting a 2.55, which could be clouding my judgement a little. Thoughts? 

TFS just told met that the poncho is stella mccartney. I thought it might be, those are favourite colours of hers. Now, i wonder how much it will cost haha? more or less than $20, because that's the deciding factor for me at the moment. :D


Mary-Kate Olsen

[tfs]

I know this is a Halloween costume, and no, i wouldn't wear the accompanying moon headress with this outfit if i wore it out (although it is cute). I actually like both dresses, which are SO mary-kate in that insouciant 'i just belted my bathrobe' way, but i especially love her white one in silk with the adorable pattern on it. It's like a kimono, and is very romantic and soft. I would totally wear that out to a party and look fabulous and everyone would comment on my marvellous dress and flit around like a little champagne bubble girl-about-town... in my dreams, right?


Kirsten Dunst

[tfs]

Continuing my obsession with all things plum and aubergine (i missed the boat on the plum vanessa bruno skirt, i went in there today and they had sold all their remaining stock... so i got the skirt in a lovely lilac colour instead. but it was the plum that i loved first!) i give you kirsten's pointers on a lovely party outfit. Classic but sexy dress? Check. Retro hair accessory? Check (clip). Vampy lipstick? Check check (love that colour on her). Glamorous satin pumps? Check. She looks simply fabulous here, the colour is just dynamite against her skin, and i love the details on the bust and waist that keep the dress from being just another satin dress. And with the party season coming up, why not invest in a frock like Kiki here? 





Hope you enjoyed this, i might post later with some pics of my night... i had so much fun! it was good to just dance with all my friends and be silly. We have no more school! EVER! Ah, sweet relief. I also have a cool post i'm working on for tomorrow. i Bought the UK Vogue i was so excited about earlier, and flipping through there was this cool section that i'm going to do a post on. I'm excited! Thanks for your comments, i hope you have/had a lovely day. TGIF!!!!
X



You have read this article fashion / inspiration / style with the title you look lovely today.... just today?. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2008/11/you-look-lovely-today-just-today_6.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...