i fell in love at the seaside...

'Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds.'
Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables 


I'm off to a friend's beach house, i'll be back on wednesday. beaches are not really my thing, but i'm excited for the house, which is absolutely beautiful, i'll take some sneaky photos and post them when i get back, and also just to chill with good company and better wine. How lovely!

I won't be able to post until i come back, so i thought i'd leave you with a little snippet of what i'm packing for the trip. I'm definitely feeling a very french riviera, 1940s vibe. 




obviously not packed properly yet... i do fold my clothes haha. it's just sort of been a mad dash trying to find everything i want to take with me. the trip was decided at rather short notice. 2 hours ago! 

My comfortable road trip outfit is my long white skirt, flower shirt, and my new blazer, thrifted cacharel... chic but relaxing. no desire to be cooped up and tetchy in a long car ride. Its flowy loveliness shall be very nice for the beach, and reclining on deck chairs, lazily perusing a magazine or novel and watching my friends frollick in the sand through tortoise shell glasses.

I'm also taking my apc striped top, dad's brooks brothers blue shirt (so comfortable!), stella mccartney pencil skirt (in case we go out), cigarette pants, vanessa bruno jersey top, tartan shirt, cream broderie anglaise vintage skirt and i'm also thinking of taking a nice thick knit, maybe my burgundy topshop one. 


lots of fun plastic shiny jewellery, some good books (i'm thinking of shopaholic and baby by sophie kinsella, the comfort of saturdays by alexander mccall smith and the picture of dorian gray by oscar wilde), big sunglasses, headscarves, dark eyeliner and the new vogue AU. that's all i need for a good weekend away. 

Hopefully 15 silly girls cooped up in one beautiful house don't cause too much of a ruckus. I'll report back poste haste my lovelies! Wishing you a lovely Monday!
X

You have read this article me / travel with the title i fell in love at the seaside.... You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2008/11/i-fell-in-love-at-seaside.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...