the devil wears prada

Today was my first day as an intern at ACP magazines, and let me tell you, i never want to leave. What started off as a rainy, sad looking tuesday morning turned into a rainy, absolutely lovely tuesday day as i spent hours trawling through picture agency websites for tabloid photos, did some re-arranging and maintenance of fashion closets for various different publications and i even got to write a bit. heaven on earth! 

I always knew i wanted to work in magazines, but i think seeing it all first hand has made me realise how fast-paced, adrenalin-filled and ultimately so satisfying and rewarding the industry is. Sure, it'll be hard work, but i don't mind that at all. In fact, i relish in it. I mean, you can't be apathetic and arrange whole racks of clothes by designer in alphabetical order for hours on end, can you? 

For all of you who commented on my 'help!' post regarding what to wear, thanks for your advice. I am comfortable with my style, although sometimes i feel it can be a little safe. I suppose i wish i could be more out there and crazy, but i just feel happy and contented in my loose french inspired basics. I'm glad i went simple too, because the rest of the office were also understated chic. That's the way i like it! 

I wore second hand tapered pleat front pants, a.p.c striped top, sportsgirl oversized cowl neck silver glitz jumper (recent purchase, soooo cool!), sportsgirl rick owens rip off grey suede leather jacket (rediscovering this after casting it aside for my denim jacket and trench coat, but i seriously love it), marni bag and jewelled flats from hong kong. 




don't you love my little home-made polyvore?


X

You have read this article fashion / future / inspiration / magazines / me / outfit / style with the title the devil wears prada. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2009/08/the-devil-wears-prada.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...