you look lovely today... just today?


This week has been rather fun, actually. On wednesday my delicious mail man dropped off a package from topshop filled with my obscene topshop binge following pay day, and I can attest that every one of them is just as good on as online, even the harem pants. Yes, I've taken the harem pants plunge, only time will tell if i deeply regret this or not. News this week, Lily Allen is covering Elle UK's October issue. I have high hopes for this following the September Issue that was an incredible read, the Lindsay Lohan article was extremely well written and the most insightful thing I've read about Lindsay who didn't even consent to an interview. The modelling piece with it was fabulous though (the camera loves LiLo), and I expect photographer Rankin will do the same for Lily Allen, by all accounts an incredibly photogenic girl. Also, photos of the Christopher Kane for topshop collection were released, a visual feast of the Kane aesthetic diluted down for the topshop masses with the studs, eyelets, mirror details, cut outs, sexy silhouettes and the animalistic elements undercutting the feminine tailoring (crocodile print on a flirty mini dress, think gorilla dress for a fraction of the cost) are all present. Collection drops in September, can't wait!

Also, happy birthday to my dearest friend R who turns 19 (or 18 part 2) today!


Alexa Chung

celebutopia

For every girl there is a colour. Mine is Red, a deep rich crimson red that makes me look oriental and exotic when really I'm just a haphazard mix of cultures. I feel like Alexa Chung's colour is red too, although hers is a brighter, bloodier red than mine. This mini dress is everything a party girl would want, short, tight, clever and cool. Though I might go so far as to say the shoe choice is a little off, Alexa seems to think that the only way she can be 'true' to her aesthetic is to muddy up the waters of her outfits with incomprehensibly ugly or incompatible shoe choices... there is nothing wrong with matching and glamour, Alexa, put some strappy stilettos on please! I love the layered necklaces and the oversized clutch, i love her messily put up hair. Looks like she's ready to paint the town red (har har har)!


Lauren 'Lo' Bosworth

celebutopia

I don't actually know who this person is, since she's filming the hills in this set and she's that kind of girl I assume she's some sort of replacement for LC. I suppose not knowing who she is helps though, because I think If i knew who she was/what her role was on the show I wouldn't like this outfit as much. I think we all get a little clouded by prejudices when it comes to starlets, I would never post an outfit worn by Heidi Montag here, for example, even if it was Lou Doillon perfect complete with cut offs and a loose shirt. Nooooooo sirreee. But i do like this, I think there is a sense of polished elegance to it. Ripped jeans halfway between skinny and boyfriend (a happy medium). Comfy looking cardigan in the perfect breton stripe. Man's watch. Glam chandelier earrings. Super high suede peep toe heels. The whole thing is casual and smart with the right amount of scruffy. I really like it, surprisingly.


Sofia Coppola

tfs

mmmmmmm summer. Any of my friends reading this post will have their mouths open with shock right now. I am THE LAST person in the world who you would expect to be dreaming of summer at any point in time, my favourite thing in the world is wet, windy weather where people are forced into all manner of coats, scarves, gloves and boots to traverse the grey horizons. Much more dramatic and romantic, I feel. But looking at this photo I can't help it, I want it to be summer! I want to be irrepressibly cool, so cool all i have to do is throw on a sleeveless shirt dress and do up the buttons with reckless abandon, fling on some strappy sandals and take my daughter to the park. I'm sure come summer time I could manage the first two no problem, but the last one will require around 9 months... kidding! the kid is cute though, isn't she?


Michelle Williams
JustJared


What were we saying about summer? and shirtdresses? and hanging out with friends? i wish it could be warm and we could sit outside at cafes in little checked dresses and cool black sunglasses and chat all day long and drink campari and sodas... What is wrong with me today? Celebrities, please go somewhere cold so that this lapse in judgement on my part doesn't happen again. I want some paps of starlets in the rain or something, that would cure this ache for summer, wouldn't it???



TGIF!

X


You have read this article alexa chung / celebrity / fashion / inspiration / sofia coppola / style / summer with the title you look lovely today... just today?. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2009/08/you-look-lovely-today-just-today.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...