getting old

1 and 3 - style.com // 2 - vogue daily

I love hearing people write rude comments in the Ashley Olsen TFS thread about how she's dressing too old for her age. Those comments are like catnip for me. I love how Ashley Olsen dresses (understatement, I idolise it). I love dressing more than ten years older than my age, I love the idea of aging gracefully, I love the idea of sensible clothes, quietly elegant in their unfussiness and simplicity. That's why I love these street style looks from London and New York - Sarah Harris and Virginia Smith, two of my absolute favourite mag girls, the former for her long grey hair and the latter for that one line in The September Issue, when Anna fixes her with a withering stare in regards to that lovely accessories shoot with Daria Werbowy, "I think it's pretty" - of women who are so supremely comfortable in their skin that they wear their hair naturally grey, they run bare-faced to a fashion show with just a celine pouch for comfort, and they team a cashmere turtleneck with a fur coat and jeans. I love looks that come together with little thought at all - the clothes pulled from the drying rack and slipped into, the shoes grabbed by the laces as you run out the door. In my experience, it is those outfits that look the best. And that confidence and understanding of your personal style can only come with age. 

X



You have read this article london fashion week / milan fashion week / new york fashion week / street style / street-style / tommy ton / vogue / vogue uk / vogue us with the title getting old. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2013/02/getting-old.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...