claus



Claus is one of my favourite spots in Paris. I discovered it on my last trip to Paris - via Garance's blog - and went there twice, once for cakes and tea, the second time for their famous breakfast sets. I always recommend it to friends that are going to Paris because of its fantastic location; right in the middle of the 1st, just behind the Louvre and a short, landmark-filled stroll away from Colette, Astier de Vilatte, Aesop (as if you needed it, but you know) and more on the Rue St Honore. I went to Claus on my first day back in Paris, meeting up with my friend for a late lunch before we shopped our way through the 1st, 8th and 9th. But I was back at Claus so soon to take one of my friends from Sydney who is visiting for a breakfast feast. 

What I love about Claus is that they never rush you. It's only a small little cafe - sitting on the second floor above their breakfast epicerie - but they never pressure you to eat quickly or settle your bill, they never get antsy if you linger for a few hours over one pot of tea, they're happy to leave you alone with cake and coffee and friendly chatter. Even in winter, with the windows fogging up and the sky grizzly and grey and with coats and scarves rapped up all around you, they still let you take your time. I think that's nice, and even if the food was terrible - which it definitely, definitely isn't - it would be enough to make me fall in love. Happily, the food at Claus is just as warm and welcoming and inviting as their atmosphere. Bowls of creamy bircher with fattened raspberries resting on top, the best boiled eggs, endless baskets of fresh baguette or salads with slices of smoked salmon and crusty potato rosti. My kind of food, my kind of place.

Claus, 14 Rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau, 1er Paris

X
You have read this article breakfast / food / france / friends / holiday / me / paris / tea / travel with the title claus. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2013/02/claus.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...