might/could/won't


Seeing this makes me sad for a few reasons. Sad that I'm not a long and languid Chloe girl, with blue eyes and freckles across the bridge of my nose, sad that I don't live in a perfect Chloe apartment with pegs for all my bags and armchairs for all my shoes, sad that I don't own metallic flats that bear no small similarity to Dorothy's sparkly ruby ones, sad that I don't work at the store I used to work at and that I won't get play with any of these on the floor with my friends, trying them on and dreaming of what might/could/won't be. Sad, sad, sad.

X

ps. I read Zadie Smith's changing my mind on the plane over here and she said that one thing she hates as a writer is the word 'languid', and now every time I use it I think of Zadie Smith and her writing wisdom bearing down on me... Sorry Zadie but I just love that word too much not to use it!
You have read this article bags / books / chloe / look books / shoes / writing with the title might/could/won't. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2013/02/mightcouldwon.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...