rose bakery


part 2 of my rose bakery world tour (first stop japan)

I've always thought of the Rose Bakery as my place, even though it's not really. But just like anything with a cult following - exactly like Cafe Gitane, really, and what I said about that place works for here, too, "the best places are the ones that make you feel like they're your own" - you always feel like you have more of a claim over it than anyone else, that you found it first. I definitely didn't, but still. I have always loved The Rose Bakery and the owner Rose Carrarini's food philosophy, her simple, honest approach to food, her whole-hearted devotion to baked goods - often people who love health food that much have a problem with cake, well, not here, oh no! - her delicious flavour combinations, her championship of such diverse things as carrot cake, shredded carrot and of course, the egg. As soon as I set one foot on Rue Debelleyme that warm, contended feeling rushes back instantly, bringing with it memories of brunches that carried on till the late afternoon, reunions with far-flung friends, the best banana smoothies ever, the taste of crispy tofu on a perfect nicoise salad. I'm not sure if it's a good or a bad thing that 'my place' seems to be a cafe on the other side of the world, but as it has become very plain through this post, the memory of the Rose Bakery stays with you long after you've left, even if the carrot cake never makes it out the door.

The Rose Bakery, 30 Rue Debelleyme, 3eme Paris

X
You have read this article breakfast / cake / europe / food / france / holiday / lunch / me / paris / photos / pictures / tea / travel with the title rose bakery. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2013/02/rose-bakery.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...