easy like sunday morning



Yes, I have shamelessly stolen Lin's idea. But when I clicked through to see the collection from her blog and saw the tagline 'easy like sunday morning' I couldn't help but post this, on an easy sunday morning. Easy in the sense that I got up early, made myself a bagel and a cup of tea and ate them while nose-deep in Stephen Fry's biography, dappled light streaming in, promising what I'm sure is going to be a scorcher of a spring day. I do have a lot of work to do, but I know I will get to that later. For now, this sunday is easy. I've always loved that line. It speaks to the poetical simplicity of songwriting, that quality that we call 'lyrical', of course. There are people for whom that kind of artful ease comes so naturally. I remember reading a review of Crazy Heart by Roger Ebert, where he spoke about that line, that great, great line, that bit where Jean walks into Bad's seedy motel room and he says, 'I want to talk about how bad you make this room look.' What a line. What a perfect, perfect country song line, with all of its open-handedness and simple sophistication. I like that. I like things that are obvious, almost self-evident, without being any less elegant. 

X
You have read this article clothes / clothing / fashion / fashion show / fashion shows / films / inspiration / london / london fashion week / morning / movies / music / sunday with the title easy like sunday morning. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2013/09/easy-like-sunday-morning.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...