i've gone a bit country since i met you, i used to be so rock and roll.

Inspiration, that wily temptress who strikes with a red hot iron one day and leaves you wishing for more the next. Inspiration can strike at the most impossible of times, on a bus home, while contemplating the mangoes in the fruit and vegetable department of woolworths, as the quiet night lulls you into slumber. I have learnt the hard way not to ignore inspiration. Now, whenever i think of something i write it down quickly to ensure that the next morning, or whenever i chance to look at the notebook, i will recall the thought that made me sit bolt upright in my bed. 

here are some of the things that are making me reach for the notebook time and time again... I think my style may be maturing slightly, although i still feel it is the very classic old-time look i am leaning towards looks like blazers, cardigans, my loafers, high-waisted full skirts, ankle boots, gladiator sandals, stripes, loose tee-shirts, military style coats... am i growing up! I still read alice in wonderland, but then... the clothes never lie. I don't mind it though. I still feel little old eclectic me, but more refined. Sometimes when i get stuck in a clothes rut i feel impotent and powerless, but right now i'm feeling oddly liberated. I don't know what it is. the baggage of school just flying out the window (literally and metaphorically)? 

At the moment i am inspired by studs and harsh jewellery, loose blazers, military detailing, rich colours like plum (vanessa bruno please send me that skirt, please!) and teal, oversized cardigans, linen, long skirts in jersey, corsages, ankle boots, and all around class and elegance 



[jak & jil, tfs, sartorialist, flickr]


So, what inspires you at the moment? 
You have read this article inspiration / me / style with the title i've gone a bit country since i met you, i used to be so rock and roll.. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-gone-bit-country-since-i-met-you-i.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...