baby steps

i have been making baby steps towards my fabulous future french wardrobe, and already i am feeling more chic, more effortless, and dare i say it, more thin... In the manner of some fabulous parisienne of course. 

today i bought the wardrobe staple that i was most excited about for summer, the sandal. As i have been moaning about, i wanted a pair of studded gladiator sandals in the manner of, well, everyone, for the summer. I couldn't decide whether or not i wanted black or brown. Well, i got black because my inner french person overruled the trendy brown, black goes with everything, black is slimming (i'm wearing these shoes on my feet, not as a top, silly inner french person), black is classic... 

After i bought them i was looking in an expensive store just for fun, i'm always interested to see what stock they get from overseas, what the buyers thought would apply to the market in australia. It's always glittery, blingy, fun... That's the kind of customer they're looking to ensnare among the trophy wives of the eastern suburbs. Enough of a rant about where i live though, i saw a pair of sandals shoved into the corner, buttery tan leather and embellished with gold hardware on the straps, long strips of metal lined up next to each other. I stopped in my tracks... and then rushed forward to grab them to touch the leather... ooh! is there any felicity in the world as lovely as this!

I turned them over to get a look at the price, expecting something extreme...... $130. 

Wait, what? Miu Miu Sandals, were $600, now $130. I started hyperventilating, and my mum came over. 'They're nice darling'. I was choking, pointing to the sandals, trying to get out the words, they are only $130, omg omg omg omg omg! anyway, after i regained the powers of speech my mum agreed to buy the shoes for my birthday as a present. They are just beautiful! and i'm so happy because they are an investment piece that i know will last forever and that i will always love. I now have two lovely pairs of sandals for summer. Bring on the sunshine!


[gladiator sandals target, miu miu sandals at right, bad pictures are my own!]

You have read this article fashion / me / shoes / shopping / style with the title baby steps. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2008/10/baby-steps.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...