you look lovely today... just today?

This week has been extremely uneventful. I am a little sick now, but not so much so that I can't head off to uni. Work has been hard, but not too hard. Everything's been pretty lacklustre. I guess my life is average. News this week - Emma Watson is a student at Rhode Island's Brown University, and she's been papped in denim cut offs and sand shoes taking part in team building activities. I hope the papparazzi leave her alone and let her settle in eventually. I want her to have as normal an adolescent experience, complete with teenage angst, university worries and college life as the rest of us!



Ashley Olsen

celebutopia


This outfit has gotten bashed on the web, and i feel a little odd for saying this now, but i rather like it. With the exception of the hideous shoes, i like loafers, but not blue snakeskin ones thankyou very much, i think this is rather charming. That trench coat dress is divine, it looks like it is the most beautiful silky material, and i love the way that it ties loosely around her waist and the sleeves are casually rolled up. It's the perfect length for a coat dress too, long and languid, not short and slutty. She looks relaxed and chic, and I only wish I had a similar coat i could turn into a swishy dress. God bless the Olsen twins. :) 


Tilda Swinton

celebcity

Speaking of coat dresses... I know this look is a bit older and bit less 'edgy' but it is tilda swinton after all. I actually really like this, i love how the skirt of the coat dress is quite full. I also love how the material has this bright sheen. It seems to glow, like her youthful skin (how does she do it?) and that bleached coiff of hair. Perfectly accesorised with a big baubly necklace and platform pumps. Tilda is a style conundrum for me, some people think she dresses crazily i think she is a true fashion original, kind of like Cate Blanchett, who never compromises on her signature aesthetic. 


Lily Allen

tfs

Maybe I'm just still overcome by her adorable performance on Neighbours (an australian soap) this week where she, and i quote, 'gets her flirt on with dr karl' (the doctor on the soap who is inextricably the doctor for every single thing, cardio, neuro, gp, psych, ob/gyn... he's even the school counsellor! riddle me that...). I do like this though. There's a lot going on, even though it's ostensibly all neutrals and basics, but the elbow length gloves, the elaborate necklace, the booties, the severe hair all make it busy. But busy in a good way i think. Like working 9 to 5, power woman busy. I love the colour combinations of indigo denim, charcoal and grey. And i really really love that necklace. It looks incredible! And, if you can remember, i do love me a bit of glove action. not bad at all lily! 


Liv Tyler

celebcity

I love the colour red. Especially crimson. It's just so dramatic and romantic and beautiful. And even though I am not porcelain pale, I love the way that crimson looks on pale people. Like the gorgeous Liv Tyler here. It helps that she has gorgeous chocolate brown hair and striking green eyes, and also that she has great long legs and a sharp fashion sense. I love the way that she has tied the belt rather than fasten it. And the pairing with those strappy sandals and battered satchel lends the whole thing a vintage-y air. Lovely!



TGIF!
X
You have read this article ashley olsen / celebrity / fashion / inspiration / lily allen / style with the title you look lovely today... just today?. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2009/09/you-look-lovely-today-just-today_10.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...