you look lovely today... just today?

After a few minor slips at my uncle's bachelor pad - working out the wireless and breaking a chair, to name a few - I've settled in quite nicely. I'm even starting to feel attached t0 annandale, the news agent man who lets me browse the magazines and ask him repeatedly when he's getting in vogue uk and harpers, the grocers who know the type of bread i like (crusty wholegrain), the guy at the minimart below the apartment building who let me get the milk even though I was 20 cents short (I must have looked really desperate for cereal). And i love the freedom. A friend asked me if I get lonely living by myself and I didn't even have to pause for response - a resounding no. No no no. I love it here! It's great to be by myself, work without people around me, have my own space, cook my own food, sleep in a big, luxurious king size bed. I love my family and can't see myself leaving anytime soon but still, isn't it just marvelous to have a bit of alone time every now and then?


Alexa Chung

celebutopia

Hipster tatters begone, embrace the LBD chic within! I love it when Alexa Chung sheds her 'cool girl' image of tartan shirts, leather shorts and gladiator sandals for something a little classier, like this get up at the Miu Miu party during fashion week. The dress is stunning, the shoulder detail is right on trend and I love how the simpleness of the style is set off through the quirky panelling on the dress and the accesories - those shoes are very cute. Sure, it looks like you could snap her collarbones in two, but hey, you win some you lose some. (and in Alexa's case, you lose a lot)... ah that joke was in poor taste. But she has lost a lot of weight, hasn't she?



Dasha Zhukova

style.com

I know a lot of people have it in for Dasha, saying that she only got the job at pop because of her money and connections (what editor/fashion stylist isn't these days?), and that her kova & t leggings/tee shirt line is nothing special (it's basics, what did they expect?). I'm glad that she has managed to pull together a fantastic first issue of pop, showing the naysayers what she's made of. And she's announced that she's pregnant too! In the perfect maternity wardrobe of empire line dresses, bright colours, practical heels (not too high), and, of course, that mark of the pregnant woman - the tell tale glow. Sometimes she can come across as a fashion victim, her style stemming from her heiress' bank account and her fashion connections. But here she is just your garden variety beautiful girl (because she is very beautiful, it can't be denied, look at that bone structure!) wearing a flirty party dress and quirky little shoes. And that's style.

Diane Kruger

celebutopia

It's Kane-mania right now, and everyone is getting a little slice of the action. Whitney Port wore a Christopher Kane skirt to the VMAs, but she let it wear her, and not the other way round. That's not the case here with Miss Kruger, ever the fashion ingenue. She chose the perfect dress, those flyaway ruffles along the bottom are technical masterpieces, and they're preeeeetty. The bottle green pops against her fair scandinavian locks and milky complexion, and i love the geometric velvet/organza bodice, the perfect match to the flirty skirt. And those criss cross booties are to die for. Nothing like a pair of killer heels to finish an outfit off!


TGIF!
X
You have read this article alexa chung / celebrity / christopher kane / dasha zhukova / diane kruger / fashion / inspiration / style with the title you look lovely today... just today?. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2009/09/you-look-lovely-today-just-today_17.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...