mad about you


Sorry for the blogging absence, I'm trying to navigate how to use the internet at my uncle's house and my computer which has chosen the most inconvenient time to break. I'm back at home now, and couldn't resist sharing this gorgeous editorial by none other than Grace Coddington. Inexplicably I found Vogue US October 2009 with Michelle Williams on the cover 2 weeks before they normally air freight it, and I was overjoyed. It had 2 beautiful shoots by Grace in there, including a whimsical couture one with Karlie and a Gael Monfils (A french tennis player) cavorting through the streets of Paris in Chanel, Armani Prive and lots of Lacroix (naturellement).

But, as witty and wily as that editorial is I want to share a different one today from an October issue more than 5 years ago. This is the first time I really saw Grace's shoots and appreciated them for the romance, the glamour and the shambolic eclecticism that they embody. Grace is a true fashion maverick, her wild mane of red hair and her eschewing of heels flies in the face of the stick-thin brigade in every way imaginable. Her vision for fashion is always superbly executed, hers is a world where the girls prance around to jazzy beats before throwing on everything under the sun - bottoms, tops, jackets, shoes, beads and baubles, chapeaus and feathers - and they don't take a thing off before they leave the house, they add a few more.

She's not perfectly turned out and impeccably groomed, but she is charming. And I am definitely charmed.


Vogue US October 2003
'Mad about you'
Models: Stella Tennant and Eugenia Volidova
Fashion Editor: Grace Coddington
Photographer: Steven Meisel














foto_decadent


fashion week's been pretty great so far, I loved Rodarte's tribal, almost animalistic beauty, and some of proenza's hip little dresses were very nice. Calvin Klein was a real highlight for me, Costa is the master at the moment of the minimal, although I do like me a bit of all out glamour sometimes a simple, voluminous shift is all you need to get through the day.


And aren't we all just a little bit jealous of tavi here? that dress is incredible. Sofia looks great too, naturally.

style.com

X

You have read this article editorial / grace coddington / inspiration / magazines / photos / vogue with the title mad about you. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2009/09/mad-about-you.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...