it'll do


It's not the perfect trench, but it'll do for now. The weird zippers at the collar kind of annoy me, but it has plenty of swagger and swing, and I've been throwing it over everything recently. The past couple of days in Sydney have been cold - especially at midnight when you're heading to the premiere of the Avengers!!! - and I couldn't be more excited. Any excuse to dig out the shearling and the wool and the tweed and the cashmere and all that. I guess it was for that reason that, even though this trench was one of my favourite jackets about a year and a half ago, it has languished in my wardrobe for a little while. There were too many other winter candidates vying for attention. But in this in-between weather we've been having I've found it to be the best thing. Sleeves pushed up and collar slightly turned and belt tied in a haphazard knot at the back. It goes so well with the forget-me-not blue of this fantastic Thomsen shirt, and the inky blue of boyfriend jeans, and the navy blue of ankle-strap sandals. Beige just goes well with blue, I find! No wonder everyone loves trenches so much. You can literally just throw it on over everything. And it works so well, so easily, every single time.

X
You have read this article autumn / clothes / clothing / coats / cold / jackets / me / outfit / outfits / style / sydney / wardrobe / weather / winter with the title it'll do. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2012/04/it-do.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...