bare

1 // 2 // 3

I love how Gaia Repossi wears no makeup at all. It's a look that's literally close to my heart - I wore makeup on the weekend to a country 21st and it was the first time in about 6 months that I had put on makeup. It was nice to slick on a bit of mascara and touch of highlighter on my cheeks, but I felt it didn't make that much difference. I took it off at the end of the night anyway (of course) and it all seemed a bit silly. I feel way more comfortable in my own skin, with nothing on, bare-faced and carefree.  It helps that Gaia has beautiful skin, clean and clear and full of light like a Sunday morning. When you're stripping it all back to a blank canvas it does help when that canvas is of the highest quality. But it's more than just that. It's about self confidence too. It's about being able to middle part your hair, and tuck it behind your ear, and not worry about the bags under your eyes and just be completely unconcerned about anything superficial and on the surface. It's a look that I embrace daily, with somewhat less confidence, somewhat less self-possession, somewhat less supreme fearlessness. But I'm never going to give it up. Maybe every now and then I'll pop something on for fun, the way you pop on a party dress because it makes you smile. But to be honest, nothing goes better with oatmeal sweaters and midi skirts and oversized tee shirts and tapered trousers than a bare face and a big smile. Why bother with anything else?

X
You have read this article beauty / gaia repossi / make up with the title bare. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2012/04/bare.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...