Chung-tastic

I love Alex turner. I want to marry him. I love the arctic monkeys, they are my favourite band, and his beautiful northern english accent lulls me to sleep at night when nothing short of an alcohol induced coma can. He is love. And once, i think he dedicated a song to me at a concert, but he might have been talking about someone else.

When i found out he was dating Alexa Chung i almost screamed. This is for many reasons, and not principally because she was dating Alex Turner, although of course that was part of it.

1. Her style is almost identical to mine, in that she will pair grandma clothes, old-fashioned prints, loafers and vintage style with odd elements like leather jackets, knee socks and geek glasses, making her look like the coolest librarian in london. It is now so ubiquitous that everyone and their mother is pairing a vintage tea dress with ankle boots and calling it a night.

2. Her hair cut is actually identical to mine, and she wears it in the same way; half up half down with a ribbon in it and her fringe parted like a curtain. Now i see little 14 year old scenesters with that hair. It makes me want to scream.

3. Her job, interviewing the worlds biggest fashion designers and sitting front row at their shows (hello karl, christian, JP, john galliano... pause to breathe) and musicians (big shout out to kings of leon, the ting tings, MIKA and amy winehosue) makes me want to poke my eyes out with jealousy. And she gets loads of freebies.

4. To add insult to serious injury she is witty, clever and seriously funny, making the elusive karl lagerfeld chuckle and spraying hilary duff with meat. She makes interviewing look like a walk in the proverbial park, which it most certainly is not.

In short, i feel there is no reason for me to live anymore when Alexa Chung can do it 600 times better than i ever could, with better shoes on. And alex turner on her arm.

But i can't hate her! I just can't! She seems so sweet! her interviews make me laugh out loud, and though i was fully expecting to hate her, trust me, it's happened before (i DETEST james mcavoys wife, even though she seems like a lovely woman, i just can't stand him being with someone who can't dress). Maybe it is exactly because she has such a great style and eye for fashion that i can respect her. Also she's eurasian like me, and i feel an affinity to all those half chinese girls reppin' for the home land.

I just love the way that her looks are so chic and pulled together, despite being a very, well, mature look. I love her loafers, her ankle boots, her cardigans, scarfs and high waisted skirts. She has AMAZING legs. (bitch) that make any skirt look like it was born to be on her. And it is so very, well, i hate to use this word, but effortless. Compare her to, say, alice dellal, who looks terribly contrived. Alexa looks like she was born wearing tailored chanel shirts and charles anastase tea dresses.

So maybe, instead of killing her (or myself), i'll settle with raiding her wardrobe, and possible getting her body. She has gotten a bit thinner, in my opinion from 2007 when she first cut her hair, but i her shape is to die for. I will take her luella dresses, all her mulberry bags, her barbour parkers (toughen up any look), her j kelsey ankle boots, her chanel high heels and also her YSL loafers. Oh, and a beautiful lacy overshirt she wears sometimes. I also like her cute camisoles/singlet tops... And... Alexa, maybe we should just swap lives. I'm sure you'll love bein an HSC student. I know i'm going to love being Alex Turner's girlfriend.

These are some of my favourite looks of hers;


odd face expression, i know, but this was the only picture that showed the lovely skirt as a skirt, and not shorts, which most people thought they were. A great sheeny/goldy material. leather-look maybe? Love the ballet flats. Love the tuxedo jacket/silk scarf. Love her eyeliner, as always, a lovely cat flick. 


love this angle, shows off all the best elements of this outfit; the beautiful luella floral frock, the even more beautiful blazer with hot pink satin lapels, the mulberry bag tucked behind her... and the AMAZING dries van noten sandals. I'm seriously covetous right now. if only i could raid her wardrobe... 


I hate this outfit for the occasion, she's at the chanel Haute Couture show for christ's sake. But i do love it for anything else, the loose threads are very her, and the leather jacket is lovely. 


check out girl with my future husband.. grrr. almost makes me forget how much i love the rock tee/floral skirt and cropped fur jacket. almost... 


the loafers give a very (comfortable) and old-school edge to this outfit, making the baring of most of her thighs look cute, not slutty. I also love the camisole. 


Barbour and stripes. very classic, and i love the parka jacket, breaks up the outfit and adds a very royals out hunting/gardening edge. i love it! grandma chic.
 

You have read this article alexa chung / fashion / inspiration / style with the title Chung-tastic. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2008/09/chung-tastic.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...