give a little get a little


one - breakfast, lunch, tea by rose carrarini and sophie dahl's from season to season
two and three - rose bakery details
four - Sophie Dahl detail and Diptyque's wardrobe block
five - Prawn and avocado ceviche recipe and Michael Kors watch
six - beautiful birthday peonies
seven - antique chinese box and figuier candle
eight - thank you cards

Do you want the good news or the bad news first? The good news is that I was totally spoiled on Friday. I received some absolutely beautiful presents (with some still on their way) and I am feeling so warm and smiley and loved. My brother gave me the second Sophie Dahl cook book – From Season to Season – and I can’t wait to laze back one day and read it. Longtime readers of the blog will know that Sophie Dahl is one of my biggest idols, she has a wonderful turn of phrase and an enchanting writing voice and I really love her recipes. She uses a lot of seafood because she’s a vegetarian (pescetarian?) and seafood is my main food group, so what’s not to love? I can’t wait to try out this prawn and avocado ceviche which seems ridiculously, devilishly easy. Perfect for a balmy summer eve, no? 

I also received the Rose Bakery cook book – finally! finally – filled with saturated, simple pictures of every day life at the cafe. I love that alongside the recipe for the famous carrot cake and tartlets there’s shots of crumpled butter foil packages and discarded vegetable cuttings. These absolutely stunning peonies in the sweetest of pinks came from Sydney's best florist, Poho and really are a gift themselves. Peonies are my favourite flower and these are the favourite peonies I've ever received. They came in a brown paper package tied up with string along with this limited edition Figuier candle. It's a special christmas version with green wax and a thick green glass body. The scent is so subtle, just like Philosykos. So between peonies and Figuier my room is smelling bloody marvellous and add the Diptyque 34 wardrobe block to the mix, which is a really masculine, wood-and-leather kind of scent, and is the most luxurious thing ever. I've already hung it up in my wardrobe and can't wait for everything to take on the smell of 34 boulevard saint-germain, 75006.

The antique Chinese Box is the perfect keepsake treasure trove and came from my neighbours, who graciously let me have a party in our shared garden with reasonably loud early-00s hip hop and mango dacquiris. And oh, how could I forget that michael kors watch... How I have adored thee from afar! It's a tiny bit ghetto fabulous with all that blinging gold, but it's the perfect thing to add to a simple outfit. A family friend gifted it to me very generously and I haven't taken it off since. In between some lazy brunches and summer time reading I've been writing thank you notes while watching SVU, natch), on these cute note cards I found in my mum's forgotten stationery drawer. I love the look of hibiscus, totally summery and recall naff hawaian shirts and all that. I can't believe how many things I received from my silly little wish list. Royally spoiled, I have been. And it's not even my birthday yet! I can't quite believe it. So I thought it was only fitting that i announce the winners of the mimcollective giveaway. Miss T and Hayley, congratulations, when you get a chance send me an email with your postal address so I can get your wonderful prize off to you. I love giveaways so much, there'll be a new one of the blog very soon. And you're going to love this one, you really are.

And the bad news? Well. Because of the rain no-one bought any cameras, so I don't have any pictures. The only one I have is of a topless waiter... that's a long story. But don't worry, I plan to wear my dress again (I better, all things considered). And I swear I'll get a picture next time!

X
You have read this article birthday / celebration / flowers / food / me / paris / party / presents / sophie dahl with the title give a little get a little. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/11/give-little-get-little.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...