giving

Rittenhouse tank, Serge Lutens perfume, Isabel Marant bracelet, Van Rycke bracelet, Canon s95, Diptyque Mimosa candle, me and ro necklace, smythson diary, isabel marant necklace, benah lola clutch, karen walker sunglasses, nars schiap lipstick, michael kors oversized watch

I can't quite believe my 21st birthday party with a best friend is a little over 2 weeks away. That has crept up on me and I'm astonished. As you know, I've got the dress and the bag. I'm going to wear my Benah ryder sandals for shoes - it's a garden party and I don't want to sink. And I'm just not a heels girl. That's that. It's been fun to run around doing party things like buying glassware, picking caterers (we settled on the much-loved vietnamese offerings of Miss Chu), drinks and music and decorations and the like. It's going to be beautiful, and I can't wait to take a million pictures to share with you all. I've never had a party before, not really, which is why I'm very excited. My birthday's not actually till December - Christmas eve, remember? - but I've been compiling wish lists anyway. Mostly just because I'm procrastinating, but also because the gifts have already started trickling in. At the moment I'm enchanted by the high-necked, low-sleeve baggy singlets from Rittenhouse, the Benah Lola clutch which I'd use as a purse and travel wallet, the canon s95 so I can take some better photos for this poor little blog, gorgeous delicate me and ro necklaces or a slew of isabel marant jewellery (especially the take me with you necklace and the arapoho necklace). I threw some karen walker sunglasses, that ubiquitous michael kors oversized watch and a smythson diary in for good measure. Not on the list but something I've been having a think on are some pretty little thank you cards, too. I like these ones from French Navy.

Regarding the Serge Lutens Five O'Clock Au Gingembre fragrance, I first smelt it a few years ago now in London and completely forgot its name. I knew it smelt a bit cakey - as in afternoon teas, sugar, musky and woody... I knew it was a little bit gingery. But I couldn't remember exactly what it was called. Then I wandered into Mecca Cosmetica the other day and had a little browse in the perfume section (I was checking out Frederic Malle's Lipstick Rose for my mum), and then I saw it. Five O'Clock Au Gingembre. I gave it a little spray and there I was, back in the wood-paneled surrounds of Liberty, red-cheeked from the cold, falling in love with this lovely gingerbread house of a perfume. I was right, it is cakey, the description on Mecca Cosmetica says it is designed to smell like an English afternoon tea. It has a sweetness to it that is mellowed in the bloom with a smooth, milky vanilla fused with honey. It's all warm cooking smells, dainty ballet flats and lace sleeves shaken back as a hostess reaches for the tea pot. It's a real winter fragrance, and since at the moment I've only got Diptyque's Philosykos (a summer scent if ever I smelt one), I could use one of those.

X


You have read this article benah / birthday / celebration / friends / isabel marant / jewelry / me / nars / party / perfume / presents with the title giving. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/11/giving.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...