hot weather likes...



When I took these pictures it was blazing hot and it was very clear that summer was rearing its ugly head but now the grey clouds have swooped in and it's raining! That's Sydney, isn't it. The worst thing is that the weather forecast is showing rain for this Friday - the day of the birthday party - I'm going to cry if it rains. Anyway. Here are some of the things that go perfectly with summer weather. 

one and two. a skincare routine. here's mine courtesy of Aesop and Grown. I got the yen for having a grown up, big-girls top shelf after reading Into the Gloss. And now, thanks to a well-timed staff incentive at david jones and a teensy bit of a windfall I have one. Rachel is so right, there's something about that tangy, zesty smell and that old-school packaging that brightens up your day. When a bright summer sun gets you out of bed early in the morning, Aesop products and grown body wash (which I first learnt about in the recent issue of RUSSH, pictured) will put a smile on your face. I've stuck to this routine so far which is really good for me! Normally I get sick and tired after a few days and revert back to cold water a la Jane Birkin.

three and four. Sonoma honey spice breakfast muesli, diptyque philosykos and a big, light wrap scarf. I really identify with the smells of figs, of cinnamon-spice and beautiful, high quality organic cotton. All three of those smells make me smile and remind me of sunny weather, whether it be my favourite perfume, my favourite breakfast or my favourite cover up. There's something so very glamorous and yet so very simple about throwing a wrap shawl on. This one is one of my favourites, it's by fouta and it's from The Corner Shop. I've recently taken to throwing it on over whatever I'm wearing, either completely wrapping it around or just draping it over my shoulders. It has the most glorious, clean, cotton smell. I've always wanted to wear a shawl a la Meryl Streep in Out of Africa, too, (which you all know I love dearly), somewhat in the manner of this. I think there's something very lovely about that tie, but I've never been able to perfect it. A shawl like that, a bowl of muesli and a spritz of philosykos. What else is there? 

five and six. Me and Ro jewellery, photographed against Vogue UK's Jane Birkin feature in the October 2011 issue. I've received some beautiful early early birthday presents recently and they are probably the best things going on in my life right now. My delicate jewellery collection is swelling dramatically and I love it! This Me and Ro tiny flower pendant is a mix of gold and silver, which I think is rather modern and very beautiful and is definitey one of my favourite things (remember my tiffany and co lock pendant?). It sits just at the base of my neck, and I've been wearing it by itself and totally simple, with this beautiful Me and Ro silver ring (another gift from the greatest of friends!). It is so thin and is adorned with a little flower. I've taken to wearing it as a memory ring on my first knuckle somewhat akin to this catbird one, or the way decade diary wears her rings. Hot weather doesn't want you to wear too much jewellery - it's too cumbersome. It prefers one or two very simple pieces and a big tee shirt and very little else. And that's fine with me!

X

ps. don't forget to enter my Mimco giveaway!

You have read this article australia / beauty / celebration / food / jewelry / magazines / make up / me / party / photos / presents / russh / sydney / vogue uk with the title hot weather likes.... You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/11/hot-weather-likes.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...