sent to print

"I spend a lot of nights watching our magazine come off the press. It’s a different world out there. Intoxicating ink and enormous machines. I spend most of my time there shouting over the noise and trying to resist the Tim Tams they keep stocked for me. But in the end, it’s always worth it."

Christine Thornton

I love this quote that just went up on the RUSSH blog from their creative director Christine Thornton (incidentally featured in the first issue of new magazine Stonefox, which is amazing, as Talisa will tell you). I'm the same. It's a true media-nerd that takes some kind of bizarre pleasure from the smell of glossy paper, the way that text is centred in a page, the changes across a masthead, the thickness of a bound spine. I think I would love to work at a publication that is small and tightly knit, like RUSSH, where, when the magazine is finally sent to print, that comforting whirr of big machines would start up and get about its business of putting everything together while you, with mere hands and eyes and thoughts, sat back to watch it all go by. I think I've spent most of my life shouting over noise, such as it is. The noise of my family, the noise of my friends, the noise of loud restaurants and big trucks and beat-laden music. I think I'd like to spend the rest of it shouting over the noise of enormous machines and eating tim tams and sending things to print.

X
You have read this article dreams / editorial / future / magazines / photos / pictures / russh with the title sent to print. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/11/sent-to-print.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...