the now



1 and 6: badlands, 3: RUSSH, 5 and 7: My Chameleon, the rest: my polyvore


When RUSSH profiled TOME way back when, they summed it up better than anyone else. "TOME is now." Some things are so compelling that even though you are looking at the future (future seasons, future collections, future orders) you can only think about now. So it was when I first saw that original slice of TOME last year, the two-tone denim shirts, the flirty taffeta skirts, the simple dresses and easy silk tees. So it is now when I look at shots from their new collection - the best of which Talisa has joined together on her blog, including that incredible oversized trench coat, probably the best of the variety I've seen in a while, and the amazing Karate Kid-esque white smock, complete with obi belt and high neckline - and can do nothing but long, and I mean actually long, for these pieces to be in my wardrobe now. It's the cruel irony of the international fashion circuit that the moment you see clothes pertinent to your season now (European winter collections were just presented on the runways and are being shown at the moment) it is accompanied by the knowledge that they won't be in stores for another 6 months. When all I want to do is wear TOME now, please, I have to wait a little while for that amazing trench and smock to drop. Until then, I'll settle for gazingly lovingly at their first offering, admiring those soft-as-anything jerseys and silky-smooth taffetas and dreaming of the kind of wardrobe where nothing is forced, nothing is difficult, and everything is of the now.

X
You have read this article australia / editorial / fashion / look books / my chameleon / polyvore / russh / sydney / tome with the title the now. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2012/03/the-now.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...