5 MBFWA minutes with... Ellie Packer


Ellie is from Adelaide but we won't hold it against her - she is the Features Writer for Shop Til You Drop magazine (and a damn good one at that!) and she is my partner in crime in my mission to go to every single good cafe and restaurant in sydney. Last weekend we went to the Buffalo Dining Club and it was incredible, mozzarella and prosciutto and glorious carafes of red wine. Stay tuned for my post about it - my blog is looking less like a fashion blog and more like a food blog as the days go on, huh? I caught up with her during the madness of day 3 of MBFWA to see what she has been loving so far, what she wished she could have seen, and how she's going to relax after it's all over.

What are your fashion week essentials? My fashion week essentials would definitely include my big Givenchy tote because it's roomy enough to fit a pair of flats, which are perfect for me to slip on when I'm running between shows, and also a bus ticket! Because cabs are too slow and expensive. And my phone so I can Instagram everything I see. 

What's been the highlight of your week so far? The highlight has been interviewing Elin Kling, because I have been obsessed with her and her style for many years. I really liked that she was super nice in the flesh and wasn't a stereotype. You know when you meet people that you admire they generally turn out to be a let down but she wasn't! Also her clothing label Nowhere is amazing and amazingly well-priced and I can't wait to buy some pieces from it! 

Have you seen any other famous bloggers this week? Today at Oroton I saw Susie Bubble, she is cute and I liked her hair in the flesh. It looks a lot different than in photos of her. I saw a lot of photos of Bryanboy and Rumi Neely but I am yet to see them in the flesh. I saw TTH, dream girl running around backstage. She tweeted a picture of her ironing and I semi don't believe it but I think it's awesome nonetheless. 

If you could go to any show during the week what would it be? Ellery, because I saw one photo today and it didn't look like typical Ellery, it looked like Balenciaga. I liked how she broke her Ellery barrier, it looked amazing and it would have been incredible and I would have loved to have gone. I'd also have loved to go to Magdalena Velevska! I couldn't make it. But the colours and the shapes looked so beautiful. But I went to the one I really wanted to go to, I went to Oroton, so I'm happy about that.

Have you got any tips for young gals trying to break into the fashion industry? Screw your head on. Actually. If you've got an internship or work placement don't ever do work that you haven't put 100% effort into. Go above and beyond all the time, because then you'll be remembered. Always be useful and go the extra mile. Do your research as well. 

How do you relax after fashion week? Eating! That's how I relax every weekend really. 

Where are you looking forward to going to, this weekend? I'm going to have birthday drinks for my friend at The Forresters on Friday night and then going to Buffalo dining club, for the second weekend in a row, on a Saturday night. I am going to enjoy many a carafe of red house wine. 


X
You have read this article fashion week / food / friends / interview / MBFWA / sydney / the corner shop / writing with the title 5 MBFWA minutes with... Ellie Packer. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2012/05/5-mbfwa-minutes-with-ellie-packer.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...