5 MBFWA minutes with... Sahra Tohow



Sahra is the PR and communications co-ordinator at Belinda and The Corner Shop and she's also a good mate who I love to have a boogie with on a Saturday night. She's got the coolest style - high fashion elements mixed with sporty and casual touches. One of my favourite ever outfits of hers is a simple black shift and her Celine boots - the knee-high ones from Philo's second collection with the low gold heel. Yes, Sahra has those boots. Totally jealous. I grabbed her for a second at the bar at MBFWA to see what she's been loving over the week.

What are your fashion week essentials? Food. Champagne. Those little sticky things you have to put on your feet... The gel pads. I use them on all my shoes. 

What's been the highlight of the week? The highlight is today! We are Handome was really fun. I loved Jenny Kee, I didn't want to leave the room the vibe was so nice in there.

Any new designers that you've seen that you've really liked? Well I'd never actually seen We Are Handsome, obviously only in the press and on celebrities and that kind of thing. So I hadn't seen it in real life on a runway before properly. That was very exciting.

What do you think about the Australian fashion design icons that are returning to MBFWA this week?  I think it's good, they're all really strong brands and I think it's good to have them back on the scene.

Any trends you've seen emerging that you're exciting to try? Not sure about trying but I've seen lots of trends. So much fluro, so much lime green. Lime green, lime green, lime green. I really like Lavender but I'm not sure that it would look good on me. I'll have to see how that one turns out. There's been a lot of pops of colours, a lot of print, a lot of Mary Katrantzou and Givenchy inspired items. Either printed or lace and girly.

What have the team from The Corner Shop and Belinda been looking at this week, both new and established labels? We're constantly looking for fresh, young, emerging super-cool Australian designers. That's why we're here, we're always looking for someone that is original and doing their own thing. What did we like? We really liked Jenny Kee, we really liked We Are Handsome. We loved Gary Bigeni, he's one of our big brands that we always love. 

What are you wearing today? I'm wearing Chloe sandals, Josh Goot skirt, Uniqlo jumper and a Lynn and Tony necklace.

Where are you going to go for a drink after it's all over? Normally I go for a drink at home because I'm boring and I like to soak my feet. 

What are you going to do next week when it's all over? I'm going to Shanghai! I'm going to go shopping, and I'm going to eat delicious food. Always onto the next thing, it's really exciting.
You have read this article friends / interview / MBFWA / the corner shop with the title 5 MBFWA minutes with... Sahra Tohow. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2012/05/5-mbfwa-minutes-with-sahra-tohow.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...