geraldine



You know what? I'm really starting to like Geraldine Saglio. For years I kind of dismissed her as the poor man's Emmanuelle Alt, and passed over her in favour of her peers or colleagues, like Melanie Huynh or Julia Von Boehm. But this season - at least to me - it seems like Geraldine has really come out of her shell. I've never really 'got' the whole Vogue Paris street style mania thing. Even though I dress with a similar mindset to them, I've always felt like their uniform was much too harsh for me. Maybe it's not having Carine around - although we know even she's gone a bit soft since becoming a grandma hmmm - and maybe it's being in their home city, but all of the Vogue Paris girls have been switched on this season. And in particular; Geraldine's diamond tennis bracelet, oversized sweaters, tee shirts with the sleeves rolled up, cartier love bracelets (on my ultimate luxury wishlist) and casual denim seem so perfect for the now. Ultimately, though, I think it comes down to their confidence. They have always been supremely and quite clearly self-posessed, able to wear flats in defiance of some bizarre fashion decree, able to strut around in jeans and tee shirts half-tucked in and sandals just because they wanted to, able to flash smiles across their clean faces and messy hair. Not everyone can do this - it helps to look like a Vogue Paris girl - but still. Such confidence really is very inspiring.

X
You have read this article geraldine saglio / paris / paris fashion week / street style / street-style / style / stylists / vogue / vogue paris with the title geraldine. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2012/10/geraldine.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...