la marinière


Armor-Lux bretons from The Standard Store - The original and the best.

The first one was an impulse buy, and you didn't really think too much about it. It was raining and you rushed in because you were cold and you bought something to warm you up. That's life. The second one was more considered, an out-of-the-way trip to find a present and you walked out with something for yourself. Woops. The third one was planned. You asked them for it, and they delivered (and how!). It was even better than you imagined: the comfiest thing you own, something you haven't taken off for three days straight. It's so easy it's as if you're not wearing anything at all. Bretons are, to me, ringers-in of spring. Slip into one and you're sleeping lightly under jacaranda trees, eating mangoes barefoot, buying flowers from the market. I prefer my bretons extra wide, with lots of room to breathe. I shrug them on over denim or cropped trousers and I don't even have to think about it. In Spring, and then in Summer, I like to wear clothes that don't require any thought at all. They don't need you to plan ahead, they don't need you to co-ordinate accessories. I like clothes that you can pull out of the cupboard in the morning 15 minutes before you leave.

X

ps. don't forget to enter my Shopbop giveaway!  
 
You have read this article clothes / clothing / france / knitwear / me / shopping / style / sydney / wardrobe / weather with the title la marinière. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2012/10/la-mariniere.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...