want more more more!



I clearly can't get enough of shearling. I spent melbourne trawling through op shops and charity stores leaping at the sight of anything fuzzy. And when stopping by the acne store (where I picked up a beautiful pistachio green silk shirt, mm!) I noticed the new drop of shearling clothes - beautiful huuuuge collars to turn up on cold days and aviator style hats lined with furry sheepskin. I imagine these are the kind of coats that are warm - like Keira's bad boy or Lou's oversized collar-ed lovely. I wouldn't even mind Richard Nicoll's lumberjack plaids (in store now at Lands End) or the gorgeous Donna Karan sleeveless number. I do love me something sleeveless. I think that would be the height of fashion's impracticality - a shearling lined coat supposed to be warm warm warm, but with sleeves chopped off. Now what would be the point of that? But fashion is not about things making sense, it's about things looking GOOD. 

and boy, does shearling look good.

P.S Topshop, mercifully, have done a high street version (for a whopping 350 pounds! phwwoooaarr), and it is SOLD OUT on their website. I guess I'm not the only one lusting after a bit of sheepskin this season. Fingers crossed sportsgirl hops on the bandwagon!



X
You have read this article acne / burberry / clothes / clothing / coats / cold / fashion / high street / photos / pictures / street style / topshop with the title want more more more!. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/07/want-more-more-more.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...